Sunday 15 March 2009

What is it about colds and timing?

My other half has been away this weekend. Ordinarily not a problem, except I have a major cold, earache, sore throat, tickly cough and very sore nose. My son isn't really bothered. He is just mildly irritated with my incessent coughing and me blowing my nose. He is afraid of my sneezes and I think at the last count I made him cry 8 times.

He just wants a play mate and not a dull one at that.

Of course now I am ill, I am thinking about my business. All of the things I could have done this weekend - research, networking, planning. I'm feeling guilty cos thats what women do. When they are feeling bad and generally run down, they make themselves feel worse by mentally torturing themselves.

At least I have had my Mum around to help me entertain my son and generally stop me from going insane this weekend, although I suspect he would prefer a playmate that looked like Sportacus. No such luck there I'm afraid.

Anyway tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow will be better because my head won't feel like a big ball of cotton wool. It will be better because I will have set timescales for my concept meetings with my web developer, and it will be better because Oscar won't be teething, wrestling with me whilst attempting to change his nappy or biting my leg (a strange habit he has started in the last week or so). Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.


No comments: