Thursday 19 March 2009

Where do I start?

Firstly - note to self - MUST get font right. It has been pointed out quite correctly that I have started to post blogs that could only be classed as suitable for dwarfs to read. Hopefully you can all now read my ramblings well enough (not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing but anyway my font faux pas has been overcome).

Secondly, despite my excitement and nervousness at attending local networking event, I didn't make it due to acceleration of very bad head cold, resulting in sore throat, annoyingly tickly cough and intense head pain. You must all know how bad I felt because I am not a man and do not exaggerate common illnesses.

Anyway, decided to send hubby without me, with clear instructions not to f*** up.

Needless to say he did very well without me. No I am not sulking...really.

On a more serious note, he managed to complete our pitch in under one minute and was given a "thumbs up" from the camera guy. Either he did very well or it was a blatant attempt to chat up hubby who was probably mistaken for being gay. This happens a lot, along with him being mistaken for a plumber on several occasions. This always results in a laugh from me because he has no idea how to "plumb" anything. And I mean anything.

He got back to our house at about 9.30 and was full of chat about how the evening had gone - there were about 70 business angels in attendance, Rachel Elnough of Red Letter Days fame and enough funding opportunities to build the next olympic stadium. When asked who he had sought out for business advice and any golden nuggets of info for our business, his answer was "well I spoke to a retired midwife who has invented a chair to stop your knees hurting if you crouch a lot at work"....OK then.
To be fair there is a significant link between midwives and our business but needless to say we will not be selling chairs for crouching in the very near future...
Its just a waiting game now to find out if hubbys magic worked and we win the pitch competition...I will keep you all updated as I know life will stop at all levels until you find out!?

So, what next?

I'm almost at the point now of design spec stage 1. We have a meeting arranged with our web developer and I have researched to the point of obsession. This is where I have to leave my womanly traits of general indecision and delaying tactics and get on with the job of creating my dream.

No pressure then.


No comments: